Saturday, September 8, 2012

Skinny Scout Cookie Smoothie


Let me start this by telling you that I have an appointment to try on bridal gowns at an NYC boutique in 3 weeks...


And I have a serious craving for Thin Mint cookies tonight... 

I am trying to eat healthy and lose some weight before our big day (like every bride). I have been doing good, I have lost 35 pounds. Still not close to where I would like to be, but I am getting there.

When we leave the super market and see girl scouts selling cookies, I do not think "aww look at the cute little girls I should buy a box."... NO. I think "don't make eye contact with those cookie pushers... look away. look away!". 

So to kick this craving tonight I decided to make a healthy, filling smoothie with all of the flavors of a Thin Mint Cookie.

Ingredients: 
frozen spinach, greek yogurt, almond milk, chocolate protein powder, cocoa powder, peppermint extract, chocolate (to shave on the top as garnish), sugar or sweetener


Fresh Mint for garnish

Yes... I said spinach. Hope I didn't lose you! Trust me it's good. My mama has always said that the only green thing I eat is Jell-O. Yeah, I'm not a fan of veggies. I have to sneak them into my diet.

I don't really measure when I make smoothies, I just add things a little at a time until I reach the taste and consistency that I like. 

My Rough Estimate:

2 cups of Frozen Spinach
1 cup Greek Yogurt
1/2 cup Almond Milk
1/2 cup ice
1/8 teaspoon Peppermint Extract*
1 scoop Chocolate Protein Powder
1 teaspoon Cocoa Powder
Sugar to taste (I used Truvia)

Blended in blender. Serve in a glass and garnish with chocolate shavings and a sprig of mint leafs.

*I added more of the peppermint extract but it is a very very strong flavor. You can easily add too much so just add a tiny bit at a time.






Well that kicked that craving! Can't wait to go wedding dress shopping!
xo Lizzie






No comments:

Post a Comment