Saturday, March 30, 2013

Wedding Invitations... MAILED! (this just got real)

Our wedding invitations went out earlier this week! We are getting married at a venue with some history so  we decided to mail them with vintage stamps. They actually cost us less than buying custom stamps from Zazzle and I think they looked much better. 

My fiance made piles of stamps that equaled 66 cents and I used a glue stick to stick them to the envelope. The stamps also gave me a history lesson, because I had to look up who some of the people on the stamps were.





Adding up the stamps and gluing them on was a lot of work but my work was not done there... When I took them to the post office they made me hand cancel my own stamps. It was a good thing though because it meant I placed the ink where I wanted it so it didn't mess up the stamps.

I was really glad we decided on vintage stamps, I loved the way they looked!
xo Lizzie




1 comment:

  1. I was really glad we decided on vintage stamps, I loved the way they looked!

    ReplyDelete