Sunday, July 24, 2011

she comes in colors everywhere; bead making with polymer clay

I make my own beads for my projects from time to time. It's sometimes hard to find large focal beads that will work with what I am making and using polymer clay gives me full control of the look of my project. I can blend colors to get other colors and make beads as large or as small as I want. I made very basic beads, and created a video to show how I did it. These beads can get quite intricate and you really can create anything you can imagine. 


Short video of my bead making.

There are several brands of polymer clay out there. I have used Fimo and Cirnit, both of these brands are easy to work with and make for a great end product. The colors are bright and beautiful!




I always have so much fun making beads! It makes me feel like I am a kid playing in art class! xo Lizzie



No comments:

Post a Comment